Total Station Training Course
Total station doesn't have to be a mystery.
Hitechniques introduces Total Station Training Course specially adapted for professionals who want to start the adventure with total station measurement.
Learn how to quickly set up the total station, station and orient, set out lines and levels for buildings, kerbs, manholes and gullies. Use free-stationing to avoid obstacles when setting out, calculate areas and volumes, prepare drawings in Autocad and more.
Attend Hitechniques' Total Station Training Course and be more confident on the site!
Who should attend
If you work on a construction site in any capacity that involves setting out or surveying for new buildings you should know how to use a total station. This course will cover all you need to know to get started using a 2-man or 1-man robotic instrument.
What you will learn:
- setting up total station
- stationing and orienting to a direction and backsight point
- resection/free stationing from known points
- setting out lines and levels for buildings, kerbs, manholes or gullies
- prism and reflectorless surveying
- OSI Planning Packs - digital & paper
- calculating areas and volumes
- quality control
- and more
Philip Hanrahan B.E., B.A. has 35 years of experience in surveying instrument handling:
- 6 years as a site engineer on civil construction projects, including roads, sewerage schemes, housing developments, industrial buildings.
- 27 years demonstrating and training users in surveying instruments
- 2 years lecturer in Engineering Surveying, Trinity College Dublin, including design of the Engineering Surveying module in the Civil Engineering degree course.and approval by Engineers Ireland
9:00 – 9:15 Introduction
9:15 – 11:00 Outdoor surveying – carry out survey of surrounding area
11:00 – 11:15 T-Break
11:15 – 11:30 Downloading the survey, Areas, Volumes, Contours
11:30 – 13:00 Preparing an Autocad drawing for setting out
13:00 – 2:00 Lunch
2:00 – 2:30 Uploading a setting out drawing
2:30 – 3:30 Setting out – set out points in the surrounding area, Freestationing
3:30 - 4:30 Using the OSI planning pack. Prisms & Prism offsets
4:30 – 5:00 Q & A
Note: Class size is limited to max 10 people and attendees will work in pairs to complete the assigned tasks.
For More Info And Tickets Go To Our Eventbrite Page Or Give Us A Call At (0)1 257 2323