Total Station Training Course
Learn how to quickly set up the total station, station and orient, set out lines and levels for buildings, kerbs, manholes and gullies. Use free-stationing to avoid obstacles when setting out, calculate areas and volumes, prepare drawings in AutoCAD and more.
Attend Hitechniques' Total Station Training Course and be more confident on the site!
Who should attend
If you work on a construction site in any capacity that involves setting out or surveying for new buildings you should know how to use a total station. This course will cover all you need to know to get started using a 2-man or 1-man robotic instrument.
What you will learn
- setting up total station
- stationing and orienting to a direction and backsight point
- resection/free stationing from known points
- setting out lines and levels for buildings, kerbs, manholes or gullies
- prism and reflectorless surveying
- OSI Planning Packs - digital & paper
- calculating areas and volumes
- quality control
- and more
Philip Hanrahan B.E., B.A. has 35 years of experience in surveying instrument handling:
- 6 years as a site engineer on civil construction projects, including roads, sewerage schemes, housing developments, industrial buildings.
- 27 years demonstrating and training users in surveying instruments
- 2 years lecturer in Engineering Surveying, Trinity College Dublin, including design of the Engineering Surveying module in the Civil Engineering degree course and approval by Engineers Ireland
- 09:00 – 11:00 Setting out – Freestationing, setting out points & lines in the surrounding area, recording set out points for quality control
- 11:00 – 12:00 Surveying – set up over a point, survey lines, features & utilities, move to a forward station, continue surveying.
- 12:00 – 13:00 How to set up site control, prisms & prism constants, georeference, surveying essentials
- Although the training course is carried on GeoMax total stations with MicroSurvey, FieldGenius and GeoMax X-PAD software, the class gives you firm base for using total station of all different brands.
- To ensure everyone's safety class size is limited to 3 persons plus the trainer.